background

4.25.2011

more yardwork.

It has been so much fun having a blank slate of a new yard to play around with.  (I say this because I'm not the one doing the hard labor!)  We've had great success with a small 4 x 10 ft. garden box the last few years at the townhouse.  But we've always dreamed of a much bigger garden.  Saturday, we took steps to make that happen. 

We rented a sod cutter and went to work.  Kurtis manhandled the sod cutter while I rolled the sod, cut it into smaller chunks with a shovel, and moved it out of the way.  Can I just say, my hammies were killin' me the next day from all the bending and rolling.  I'm totally out of shape! 

Clara was a good babe and just hung out in her bouncer, wearing her sunhat and lovin' life!  I only had to stop once during the project to feed her! 

Here are some shots!

 Yeah...we used a 4 wheeler to move the sod from the garden spot to our trailer.  Our next door neighbor has volunteered to take the sod!  Yay!
 Kurtis getting the fence set up.
 These two bozos are the whole reason we need a fence.  They snuck into our garden a few times last year and made beds among the tomato plants and ate anything ripe they could get their grimy mouths around!
 Gwen feeling disheartened that she's locked out of a space in the yard.
 Clara-belle!
 Happy girl!
 Clara has been playing with her tongue a lot lately! 


 Presh!

 We also added topsoil to the perennial garden to finish it off!  It looks great!  Kurtis used the 4 wheeler to cart the topsoil around the yard.  Does this make us lazy or smart?


 She loves it outside!  She is so content outdoors that she usually falls asleep!  She is so good to her parents!

3 comments:

  1. I guess I won't be planting a garden after all. You'll have plenty of produce for the entire family!
    Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of Gwen looking at the garden made me laugh out loud.

    ReplyDelete