background

4.15.2011

gardening.

So with the nice weather last weekend, we couldn't help but be outside both Saturday and Sunday doing some work in the yard.  Kurtis got the Zamzows products on the lawn so hopefully we'll have a weed free and green lawn this year.  He also whipped out the new mower and tried it out...we love John Deere!  I finished planting the rest of my seeds and I'm just waiting for them to sprout so I can turn on the grow light in the garage and make the neighbors think I'm a drug dealer!

But the best project of the weekend was most certainly the perennial garden on the southwest side of our house.  We got some great perennials planted (some purchased and some stolen and transplanted from my Mom's garden, with her permission of course).  And when all that was finished on Saturday evening, Kurtis felt a little sad that our chores were finished, so he woke up Sunday and decided that we needed to edge the garden with some pavers. 

All in all, the weekend was very productive, we got a little tan, and we've got a great start to the 2011 growing season.

The hard workin' man...
 the lazy child...(just kidding, I love that she slept for most of our work time outside)
 the garden, sans pavers...
 raspberries along the back fence...
 blueberries...
 and blackberries too...
 garden with pavers...nice, right?
 a transplant from my mom's house, bleeding heart...
 I brought the gerbera daisy outside after being inside all winter...I hope it thrives...

 love the rocks under the down spout...
 love it!
 our front entry, looking a little like spring...
and best of all...see those little guys?  Those are some type of herb sitting at my kitchen window!  Made my day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment