background

4.18.2011

good news, bad news.

The bad news is...Mac got his tail shut in the weighted door to the garage and blood went everywhere!  On every wall in 4 rooms and one hallway, blood was splattered.  We spent a long time cleaning it up!  Boo!
 The good news is, Kurtis and I were able to hold him down and bandage it with paper towels and electrical tape (this has happened before and we tried masking tape - and it doesn't work!  We try to learn from our mistakes!).
 The bad news is, he ate the bandage off...TWICE!  This dog has been known to eat anything - he's like a goat.  Once he ate an 18 inch section of fleece blanket, and after a few trips to the vet and a very expensive barium doggie milkshake, he passed it on his own at Kurtis' parents' house (with the help of some garlic mashed potatoes fed to him by Jeff!).
 The good news is, I found the electrical tape in his poop - so I think he'll be ok!
 The bad news is, while chewing off the bandages, he made the cut on his tail way worse.  It ended up being about two inches long and a half inch wide!  More blood...in the house...ugh!  The other bad news is that Kurtis left me home alone with the two dogs and cute Clara to go turkey hunting for the weekend!  So I had to figure out how to handle the blood on my own!  Double ugh!
 The good news is, the moms reminded me that there are great liquid bandage products out there, and we actually had one sitting in a drawer at home (Kurtis works with sheet metal and gets gnarly cuts once in a while!).  After a few coats of this stuff, the bleeding seemed to be under control!
 The other good news is Gwen is fine, dramatic as always, but fine!
 And Clara is great!  Cheeks and chins... irresistible!  I love it!


Mac is recovering.  Kurtis got home last night and gave him a few more layers of New Skin.  He's been in the house and is acting mellow, which will help the tail heal.  If you are in the Meridian area ... I beg you to NOT stop by!  When Mac gets excited, his tail moves faster and more powerfully than most dog tails, and if company comes, he will wag until more blood flies on the walls!  I love the dogs, but boy can they drive me crazy sometimes!  Now I better go and vacuum the inch of black dog hair off the floor that accumulates every few days or so!  I promise, I do love those dogs!

1 comment: