background

4.25.2011

Easter festivities.

We started the day at my mom and dad's house for dinner at noon.  Emily was in town, so we were able to spend some time with her before she had to leave and head back up to Moscow for her last few weeks of school.  The meal was fantastic, and so was the company! 
My mom puts together an Easter egg hunt for us grown kids with moolah inside the eggs instead of candy.  This year, Kurtis opted to act very adult-ish and not race around like a 5 year old to get eggs.  Instead, he leisurely wandered around and found a few eggs which he claimed were actually Clara's eggs. 

Emily and I were not this mature.  We ran around like crazy to get eggs.  I've been notorious in my life for following people around during egg hunts, therefore not getting to many eggs first.  I fell into this old pattern again this year.  In the end, Emily found almost 40 eggs and Kurtis, Clara and I found less than 20.  I claimed that having a baby 2 months ago made it hard for me to run...but really that was just an excuse!  I suck at egg hunts!  But the little extra cash was fun to "earn".  Thanks mom and dad!  Here are a couple shots from early in the day.





Later in the day, we headed over to the Brooks' house for supper.  The meal was delicious, and the company was great!  We're lucky to have such great families.  We finished eating, had a quick photo shoot with Clara in her presh Easter dress, and then spent the rest of the night playing Taboo!  Love it!  We left their house with some great loot too!  I got a pot with geraniums, Kurtis got a little Easter candy, and Clara got a couple of books.  Thanks Jeff and Janet!  We're lucky we get to spend holidays with both sides of our family.  Clara is especially lucky to have all her grandparents so close! 




2 comments:

  1. How old is that baby? She looks so old sitting up on the sofa!
    Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks SO adorable in her Easter dress!

    ReplyDelete