background

6.30.2011

my birthday.

June 29 in my Mom's and my birthday!  I love that we share our special day!  The day was fantastic.  The weather was perfect - in the 70's and a little rainy in the am.  I was treated to lunch with Janet and Clara at Fork in downtown Boise.  It was delish!  Then we did a little shopping!  Then I came home and watched Clara roll over for the first time!  For dinner, we went to On the Border (kinda a tradition) with my family so Mom and I could celebrate together!  Clara was quite the grump at dinner (evenings have been tough lately - we think she's teething), but it was still fantastic! 

Kurtis bought me a kindle - one of the coolest inventions ever.  I got some flowers, and I got a flip video camera.  Of course the gifts were awesome, but the best part of the day was spending time with family on my golden birthday!  Now I can say I'm 29, and my mom is 53!  I know it is going to be a great year for both of us!

We snapped a few pics during dinner and Emily took a video with my new flip video camera!  I wanted to get some pics during lunch, but Clara slept the ENTIRE time.  That good baby!

Our server at dinner ( an old neighbor kid) brought Mom and I each a brownie with ice cream.  Lucky us!



After Emily shot this video, my Dad gave her a crash course on how to shoot videos.  All I heard from across the table was - "Don't move too fast" and "Slow and steady".  We didn't shoot another video so Emily could practice those skills, so I hope you don't get motion sickness while watching!

Oops!  The wrong video loaded, and I can't get the right one to load!  I'll try later, but for now, enjoy Clara playing on the floor - a little while after she rolled over!

1 comment:

  1. So I understand that you are tickled that we share a birthday. Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! I pray that none of my daughters ever share a birthday with their offspring. You may not remember that I spent many a birthday in a park, at the zoo, at Wild Waters, etc. IT WAS A BITCH! Ok, it's better now. I have been in therapy for 29 years!

    ReplyDelete