background

5.07.2011

the latest.

This week, I returned to work.  We get out of school the last Friday in May, so I'm only back for about 4 weeks before summer begins.  This week, the mornings have been surprisingly fine!  I'm usually the teacher who gets to work 5 minutes late.  A bad habit...I know!  But this week, I've been lucky enough to have Jeff or Janet or my Mom here every morning by about 7:05, which means Clara and I need to be ready to go by then.  As soon as Clara is off to Grandma or Oma daycare, (she's been behaving beautifully at daycare, by the way!) I'm off to work, which means I've been arriving at work 15-20 minutes early!  Wow - I can't believe how much I can get done in that amount of time.  I really hope I can keep it up!

Lately, Clara and I have been wearing matching outfits, as seen here!  We both are loving peach right now!

 We've been letting Clara's hair go WILD - think Jack Nicholson in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
 Clara's been having more and more tummy time.  She doesn't love it, but we keep practicing.  She can hold her head up 45 degrees, and we're working on getting to 90 degrees.  Tummy time usually makes her pretty grumpy!  She's eyeballing me here and trying to convince me to pick her up!
 And I'm saving the best thing for last!  Clara has slept through the night 5 out of the last 6 nights for Kurtis and I!  I think she knew that this week I was returning to work, and she wanted to give me the best mother's day present ever...great sleep!  She is so great!  I hope she keeps it up!  Here's a shot of the sleepy baby, working her magic!
OK - I'm not saving the best for last because I almost forgot to add that my younger sisters and nephew were rear ended two days ago - there was lots of damage and poor Teenie has whiplash!  You can read about it here on Teenie's blog.  Please, crazy drivers, I'm begging you, stop hitting us Waldon girls!  Just stop!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVED looking at your pictures, Liz. Happy first mothers day! You are looking more beautiful than ever. :)

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clara is the BEST baby at G-ma daycare....she is so precious, just smiles and giggles all day. Her daddy was a good baby but nothing like our little Clara-bug! I love her to pieces :-)

    ReplyDelete