background

5.09.2011

happy mother's day.

My first mother's day was fantastic!  I slept in a little, Kurtis fixed me delicious pancakes in our cast iron pan, we went to the grocery store, I did some laundry, and then we had a bbq with my parents and Kurtis' parents and bro and sis in law, Brad and Angie.  It was a great day.  Kurtis and I agreed that this year, we aren't doing Mother's/Father's day or birthday gifts because we're doing lots of work to our backyard.  We've got plans to get a cover built for our patio this month!  Yippeeee!   So he treated me to help around the house and a relaxing day, which is exactly what I wanted after my first week back to work!

The best gift anyway is having sweet Clara around.  These shots were taken last night after the bbq.  If you can't tell, Clara is exhausted and ready for bed.  We kept trying for a livelier shot, but it didn't pan out!  Oh well.  She's still just presh!  I love being her mom!



1 comment:

  1. She is so sweet! I think she's just about the best behaving baby around. All that girl does is eat & sleep & smile & giggle. She reminds me so much of her mother as a baby! Oma

    ReplyDelete