background

3.24.2011

one month.

Clara is a month old now!  It has gone by so quickly.  She is still doing well.  Every time I tell someone, "She sleeps great!" we have a terrible night.  SO I won't say much, but we're all doing good.  Clara loves baths, walks, being held and cuddled, and in the evenings during her fussy time, she loves laying on the floor all by herself (I think we can be a little overstimulating).  Here are some things we've been up to lately!
She loves smiling at her dad!
 We've been having a little tummy time.  She's not sure she loves it yet!  She usually spits up.
 She's gotten good at sitting up on our laps.  She even listens to books being read to her.  She usually makes it through about two or three before she gets a little tired of listening.  We're working on attention span!  Today I got through 4 books and thought we'd broken a record, but then I realized she fell asleep - so it didn't really count.

 Here she is!  A one month old wearing three month outfits.  They fit her great!  Don't judge me because my child was still in her jammies at 4 pm.


 She still loves her baths, even though this pic looks a little scary!
 Having fun!

 And yes, she still HATES when we take her out of the warm water...
 but then settles down to get lubed up with baby lotion.
 This is what our dogs have been up to...watching us spend all our time with Clara.  Doesn't Mac look neglected?
 Clara's awesome hair!  So pretty!
 She's loved her binkie since we introduced it at three weeks.  I think she's already an addict!
Here is a little video of us trying to capture a smile on video.  She won't give it up in front of the camera, but it is so cute when she just beams with her big gummy grin!  We'll keep trying!

This Saturday, Clara and I head up north to Palouse, Washington to stay at Teenie and Steve's house while they travel to CA for work/fun.  My mom and I with Ben and Clara all week might get interesting.  Good thing Emily lives with Teenie and Steve and can help us out!  I'm sure I'll have lots to blog about!

2 comments:

  1. Love that smile! But I'm still holding to the fact that the camera adds lbs. She is NOT that big in real life!
    Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still say she's a genius! Look at how smiley she is AND is talking already

    ReplyDelete