background

3.18.2011

first REAL bath.

So Clara's belly button stump fell off.  We thought it would stay on forever, because she is over three weeks old, but finally, it came off.  So to celebrate, we gave her a real bath in her new bathtub.  We weren't sure what to expect, she's loved and hated sponge baths, but look for yourself...
 she loved it!  She was just silent and content the whole time!


 She's not fussing here, just making crazy faces at her parents!
 Love the curl above her right ear!
 After the bath we posed for a couple photos!
 This pic is to prove that she's getting chunkier! (not that my nose is getting larger, although I think it proves that as well - at least that is what Emily would say!)
 The instant after the last photo was taken, we heard water gushing on the bathroom floor.  At first I thought, "my water broke!" but then I remembered I wasn't pregnant anymore, and Kurtis and I realized Clara peed all over me!  What a little stinker!
 So we got a diaper on her fast!  Here is her new belly button!  So cute, and quite large!
 And here she is all ready for bed in her new organic cotton jammies from Oma.  She looks great, and smells even better.  I love the smell of baby products!
We thought she'd be all content for the rest of the night, but was fussy right after we got her all dressed.  Here is a video of her "voice" for those of you who haven't met her yet!  Someone has to teach me how to rotate videos!  Just watch with your head tilted sideways!

2 comments:

  1. OMG...I can't believe those jammies fit her already. And, I can't believe I had to read about her new belly button on a blog post!!!
    Oma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dad would say "She's a pisces--of course she loves water." I guess it takes one to know one!
    Oma

    ReplyDelete