background

9.05.2012

Garden update...September.

Things are still growing around here! We put in a 4th garden box and I had the genius idea to transplant all my viney plants. They looked like death for a couple weeks but have come back with a vengeance! We have summer squash, crookneck squash, watermelon, pumpkins, and I thought I had some cucumbers somewhere, but they haven't produced at all.

We've been enjoying green/red/Walla Walla sweet onions, parsnips, peppers, and carrots. Our strawberries are getting ready for the fall crop. We have a few green beans here and there too.

Oh! And I saved basil seeds from last year's plant, and have basil growing in 2 pots and a garden box!

The only thing that is TERRIBLE are the tomatoes. I've used the same seeds for four year now, and my starts have been so small and we are only now seeing our first red Roma! Boo! I guess I need to replenish my seeds a little more often. Lesson learned...sans bruschetta and salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment