background

7.03.2012

Poor toes.

My girlfriends and I have been having pool day at my parents' house on Thursdays. It has been so much fun! Last Thursday, as pool day was coming to a close, I took a load of gear out to one of the cars. I decided to let Clara walk with me through the gate into the front yard to avoid forcing my friends to watch her around the pool. As I loaded up the car, I heard a blood-curdling scream. I looked over and saw Clara desperately trying to go backwards off of a metal water mane cover. I rushed over to grab her, and she didn't calm down... for at least an hour and a half. I walked back around the house to where everyone was and felt her little feet. The bottoms were covered with large blisters. We rushed her in the house and stuck her feet in the sink with cool water, and that's where we stayed for quite a while. Thankfully, my friend nurse Teri was there, and she gave me some advice for what to do about the burns. I called her doctor, and she told me what to watch for. Thankfully, the blisters were only on the very outer layers of her skin. After lots of tears (not just Clara's), she fell asleep with ice and make-shift bandages on her feet. I made a run to Walgreens and picked up gauze and other supplies, and she started healing! I have a picture of the vicious culprit, and her poor tootsies! She didn't walk at all on Thursday after "the incident", but Friday morn she was running all over the place. We lucked out in this freak accident!

1 comment:

  1. eesh. speaking of freak incidents, I heard of this little girl touching her parents car tires and accidentally touching the brake pads after driving. Burn city. Just FYI. poor tootsies. :(

    ReplyDelete