background

6.27.2013

Girls camping trip!

Clara and I bravely headed to the mountains by ourselves to camp out for a night.  I guess we may need to call it "camping".  My friend Jessica has a family lot up in Donnelly, ID, and she brought her tent trailer up to stay the week.  Clara and I just headed up for a night, and crashed with her and two of her three kids in the trailer.  At their lot, there's a fully functional kitchen and bathroom.  So it wasn't really camping, but we like to sound tough and say we camped alone, just us girls!

This was such a treat to head up during mid week!  The McCall area gets so crowded on weekends, so to drive up on Wednesday was so peaceful.  I especially loved jetting out of town because for the last three weeks I've been taking classes.  So this was officially my first, real week of summer vacation!

Clara had so much fun!  Knox is her age, and they have a ball together!  The night before we headed for the hills, we got her bathed after dinner, and she helped me pack our bags.  As soon as there was a quiet moment, she said to me, "Mommy, I'm ready!"  I asked her what she was ready for, and she told me she was ready to go camping!  It was hard to wait all night to leave, but she managed.

Here she is during the evening after she changed into her jammies.



 Here are Jess and her three babes, and Clara in the background.

 Baby Elliotte.
 I told you Clara and Knox were thick as thieves!  They can't get enough of each other!


And just for fun, I'll show you what these two birds looked like a while ago!

Both of them had awesome hair!







Back to the camping post!  We spent a good chunk of today at Cascade Lake.  There must have been a MOPS group or something at the lake with us, because there were a million toddlers... scary!  But we found our own little corner of the beach and set up camp.

Clara loved the lake!  It was pretty shallow, so I let her play around without her life jacket.  She was thrilled!

 Knox having fun and dunking his head!



 There's Ezra!
 Sandy bum...couldn't resist!

 She looks like such a kid here!  Scary how big she is this summer!
 Ellie having fun!





 I know there are tons of pics of Clara, but I just kept snapping.  And she actually agreed to let me snap, for once!

Here are all four kids in the car this morning...loving them some Veggie Tales!


Thanks Jessica and family for having us up!  It was delightful!  I still can't believe all the children slept all night!  Count on us paying another weekday visit soon!!!

1 comment: