background

10.14.2011

trip to Palouse.

Oct 6 and 7 were October Days.  October Days for teachers are days that are designated at statewide conference days in Idaho.  I'm a lucky duck because my district doesn't have those days as conference days for us, so we can attend a conference if we want to, or we can take a little trip!

Oma, Clara, and I loaded up in the Lincoln and headed up to Palouse to visit Cousin Ben, Auntie Teenie, and Uncle Steve. 

We had a great time!  We went out to eat, shopped, attended a Vandal tailgate party, and hung out around the house.  I was a bozo and didn't take many pictures during our stay.  I don't know what I was thinking!

Here are Oma and the grandbabes playing the first morning we were there!



We were lucky enough to be joined by Jen, Joe, and Andie (Steve's brother and his family).  Their oldest, Sam, was busy hanging out with Grandma Kaufman - so we missed seeing him during coffee hour.We had a nice coffee hour with them and Teenie baked us banana bread and pumpkin cookies.  It was great to sit down and visit with them, and Andie was just precious!  I stole these pics from Jen's blog!  Thank goodness she was documenting the morning - like I said I was a complete bozo taking pics this weekend!

Here are Ben and Andie - cousins who are only 4ish months apart!
Andie and Ben know how to climb under the glass coffee table, but Clara isn't quite mobile, so we shoved her under there.  She loved it!  Do all kids love forts that are just their size? 
Sweet little girls - there is almost exactly a year between these two!

Clara came down with a cold on Friday, so to see her smiling was a little more rare than usual.  However, she sure looked happy in these pics!

Love it!
Jen also snapped this pic of us at the Vandal tailgate party!  Seriously Jen, can you move to Boise and be my full time photographer?  It was a great time!  I hadn't been to a tailgate in years, and it was extremely mellow!  Not what I expected from a bunch of crazy Vandals!
Thanks Teenie and Steve and Ben for letting us bombard your home...AGAIN!  We love coming to visit because you're always such gracious hosts!

No comments:

Post a Comment