background

12.08.2011

Thanksgiving 2011.

Our Thanksgiving was wonderful.  We found out last minute that Emily had to work a little later than planned on Thanksgiving day, but we still had a ball.  We ate with the Waldons at about 5 pm.  We shared making the meal, I brought a few dishes, Teenie fixed a few, and Mom and Dad did the rest.  Everything was divine!  I felt like I worked hard to get just a few of my side dishes done, I don't know how my mom did it all those years on her own!  I don't think I could pull it off nearly as gracefully (although there are a few funny memories of a year with terrible mashed potatoes and another year with awful gravy - don't be offended Mom!).

Here are a few pics from our time with the Waldons.









 This photo is an outtake from a slew of pics we took to try to get a great Christmas card for my parents.  I loved this one!  My parents' new fancy camera takes a series of 10 shots when you use the self timer and obviously...none of us expected it to continue to take pictures!  This is the second pic in the series, and we all look like a bunch of goofs!  We shaped up after that and even managed to get a great picture of all 10 of us (the tenth being Ben's baby brother or sister who is due in January!). 




Thank goodness my parents took lots of pics, because I didn't snap a single one with my camera!

After dinner, we headed to the Brooks' for dessert!  We met up with the whole fam there.  I continued to be a picture putz, and only snapped these three pictures!


We were able to hang around for a little bit with everyone, and then the Black Friday plans started! I went with my Mom and sisters to Walmart, and Janet and Angie headed there too with Angie's mom and Janet's friend Diane. 
Can I just say...I think I'm done with Black Friday shopping that is done on Thanksgiving and into the wee hours of Friday.  After being harassed by a super scary woman who looked like David Bowie circa 1983, and feeling completely claustrophobic in the gridlock cart traffic at Walmart.

Thanksgiving is my very favorite holiday!  Thanksgiving 2011 went down as another fantastic day of eating, drinking, and spending time with the ones we love!

No comments:

Post a Comment