background

10.18.2015

Gwen.

I bought Gwen as a graduation present to myself for $25... and I think I had to borrow like 4 bucks from my mom in order to have the full amount of cash. Gwen lived with us for 11 happy years. She was my running buddy, Clara's pal, and goosed everyone that entered our home. Her spunky personality matched her wild fur. She could've won jumping competitions into the swimming pool off the diving board! In fact, I'm pretty sure she chose Kurtis for me, because when he'd come over to visit, she'd jump up on him and hug him and wouldn't get down. She adored him from the very beginning. On August 12 we lost Gwen the wonder dog. Our hearts are broken. I miss hearing her running in her sleep next to my bed, the smell of her ears, and her constant smile. But I'm comforted in knowing that she's able to run again in doggy heaven with back legs that work once again. Gwen and I were together for 1/3 of my life, and even months later I still think of her multiple times a day and cry over her loss often.  I love you Gwen, I miss you terribly, and I'll always remember you as my first love.

Here are some pics of our dear girl in her last days.

Sob.


No comments:

Post a Comment