background

7.16.2013

Oregon Coast Trip - part 2.

After our wonderful dinner that first night, we all headed to bed to get ready for the next day, which was to be our first full day at the ocean.

We woke up the next morning, which was Monday, had a little bite and some coffee, and decided we girls would walk to town.  It was a 2 mile walk to town, all along a little road called Beach Loop which hugged the coast.  It was so fun to see the different houses and gardens and flowers along the way.  Once we got to town, we visited a few shops and then the men drove down to meet us for lunch.  At that point, I wasn't feeling 100%.  But I told myself mind over matter, and moved on with the day.

We shopped a little more in Old Town Bandon, and then decided to walk home so everyone could enjoy a nice, coastal, afternoon nap.  We got back and I felt terrible.  I was in a panic.  Everyone in my family, including Kurtis and Clara, had been dealing with the stomach flu the week before, and I was terrified it was hitting me.  It tortured me for the rest of that day.  I tossed my cookies in Steve and Mary's gorgeous new beach house toilet.  Not pretty.

Here's my pity-party selfie shot taken as I was laying in bed.  It does look like I'm wearing some super cool daisy headband, but I'm not.  That's just the pretty quilted pillow sham I'm resting my sick head on.


From what I'm told, everyone else enjoyed happy hour and dinner together that evening.  And later that night, a family of skunks (a mom and 5 babies) visited the bird feeders behind Steve and Mary's place.  Everyone watched them from the windows inside, and Clara loved to see skunks up close and personal.

To add to the excitement, Tica (Brad and Angie's dog) had to go outside to do her business and decided to pay a visit to the family of skunks.  The story I heard was that it wasn't pretty.  Kurtis and Brad spent a good part of the late evening scrubbing Tica with Dawn and baking soda to try to rid her of the stink and make her swollen eye deflate a little.

This trip was not starting out perfectly.  Not at all.  I think everyone went to be hoping that Tuesday would be a little better...

No comments:

Post a Comment