background

2.21.2013

clara's first dance class.

Oh my...I haven't seen anything as precious as Clara's 2-3 year-old dance class.  Most of the little girls were in dance class in the fall, so they knew what was up!  Clara was one of four newbies.  And it showed...we couldn't stop laughing.  There were times when she just stood and took everything in.  Then other times she dove in and watched her teacher and followed each direction to a T!

The girls will be spending the next 12 weeks (you heard me right, 12) preparing for a spring recital.  They'll perform on stage at a local middle school, and they'll also perform their two numbers at local nursing homes.  Love it!  Now I just need to find some itty-bitty tap shoes!

Anyway, she made a fast friend.  They kept trading scarves during the scarf dance, and then later while they were supposed to be learning their tap number, they held both hands and just danced together.  And they may or may not have forgotten to stand on their yellow dots!  Friendship was calling!  At the end, their teacher asked if they were cousins or something, and the other little girl's parents and Kurtis and I just cracked up.  Our children were just the clingy new friends!  Ha!

Every once in a while, Clara would turn around and say, "Daddy!  Mommy!" and then turn back to dancing.  It was hilarious.

By the end of 30 minutes, she was seriously exhausted.  She had to come off the floor for a little milk break.  It was so great!

Oh, and did I mention I lied to get her into this class?  The first day was today, and in order to register, the children had to be 2 by today...and Clara turns 2 tomorrow!  So I lied and said her birthday was today!  Oops!

Here are a few pictures from class.  Enjoy...I seriously laughed 'till I cried tonight!










 She needed quite a bit of support to do a somersault, even though she can do them just fine at home.  Funny girl.


 She kept taking social cues from all the little girls around her.  Here, she was done with her turn, found a book to look at, and sat down next to a little girl who was laying on her belly.  Before we knew it, she was laying on her belly too!  So funny!


 Two fast friends...they may be the two youngest ones in the class!
 I swear she's saying "cheese" in this pic, but she looks like she's crying or something.






2 comments:

  1. Well she's sure an enthusiastic little dancer! I want a front row ticket to the Spring Dance Recital!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a natural! Proud Grandma moment....I can't wait for the recital!

    ReplyDelete