background

11.02.2012

carving pumpkins 2012.

We bought a few pumpkins at the grocery store this year.  I planted some pumpkins in the garden, but they are still a little bit green.  I think I planted them a little too late!  Anyway, we bought a few to put out on the front porch, and on Halloween, decided it would be fun for Daddy and Clara to carve one while I fixed dinner. 

At first, Clara was very sad.  She kept telling Daddy, "No!" as he drew the face on before carving.  We thought things would really get dramatic when the cutting began, but to our surprise, she became super excited once she saw the pumpkin goo!  She wasn't too keen on touching it herself, but she was a big fan of watching her Daddy make a face!

You can tell by these pics that she got more excited as the carving progressed.  And I think we can officially say that the first pumpkin carving experience went very well!  Way to go Kurtis!







 She honestly couldn't contain herself!  This one cracks me up!

 This is her "I'm taking care of my baby" face.  She loved her pumpkin!


It was a great way to jump start our All Hallows Eve festivities!

1 comment:

  1. So glad I was able to get there early and witness a part of that fun!
    Oma

    ReplyDelete