background

8.20.2011

henry's fork: part 2 - yellowstone national park.

We girls and the babies spent Friday in Yellowstone.  We saw geysers.
 We spent time at Old Faithful lodge and enjoyed a picnic lunch.


 We watched Old Faithful do her thing!  Afterward, Emily said she really wasn't that impressed - especially because it is built up so much!



We saw bison...

 and a nice 4 x 4 buck...
 and lots more bison...
 and a bison really close to our car...   We also saw elk, my mom thinks she saw a bear, and I think I saw some bald eagles by the river.  Is this turning into a fish story???
 These are the Teton Mountains.   Aren't they spectacular?
 After driving through the park, we stopped in the town of West Yellowstone, Montana.  We bought everyone a Yellowstone shirt, which was hilarious, and then we grabbed some delish ice cream before heading back to the cabin.  You shoulda seen Clara.  Her Oma taught her to love ice cream and now she's an addict.  I guess she is my daughter!


 The last part of the trip was Mom and Teenie (mainly Mom) struggling to throw the trash away in the bear proof trash cans.  Classic!

1 comment:

  1. In my defense, I know how to read & did read the instructions for use...those darn bear proof trash receptacles are friggin' impossible even for humans!

    ReplyDelete